Powered by WebAds

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The Ponevezh of old

I visited heichal shelomo last week for my eldest daughter's celebration for the recieving of her first sidur. While there, I visited the museum which includes among other wonderful things, an exhibit on Rav Itzchak Isaac Herzog zt"l. I found there a wonderful treasure:



Here is my translation:

A certificate of honor


to the brilliant chief of the all the Rabbis of Israel

Rabbi Yitzchak Isaac HaLevi Herzog Shlit"a


~ on his seventieth birthday (and many more to come) ~


our holy yeshiva proudly and with honor bequeaths

A gift from the sanctuary of the Torah



A place of honor reserved for his name next to the holy ark in the sanctuary of the yeshiva


Signed,

Rav Yosef Shlomo Kahaneman


Wow, I wonder if this will make it into the artscroll biography.